Responsible for assessing and assuring that the needs of the residents are met. Provide leadership and supervision of the care giving staff in a manner that is a role-model for professional behavior and is consistent with all OBRA, Title 22 and RCFE requirements. Provides nursing assessment, service coordination, and case management to Independent Living and Assisted Living Residents to promote wellness and maintain independence.
- The Wellness Nurse Supervisor-LVN ensures quality nursing and wellness care to all residents of Independent/Assisted Living.
- Establishes and conducts initial assessment process upon admission to the Community; evaluates health status of case load on an ongoing basis
- Provides professional and crisis intervention to the residents in cases of emergencies
- Encourages individual residents to participate in their own wellness plan and assists in the development of that plan.
- Assures compliance with regulations including policy and procedures, documentation and care practices
- Promotes and protects the rights of each resident, acts as a mandatory reporter for all suspected abuse situations, and complies with all HIPAA standards of practice
- Provides input to the health care team on individual resident status and safety.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability to read, speak well and be understood in the English language
- Must have attention to detail, follow through and good interpersonal/problem solving ability
- Computer literacy
- Good understanding of long term care, Medicare, Title 22, OBRA and RCFE regulations
- Bilingual ability preferred, but not required
Education and Qualifications
- Current California LVN license
- Current Basic life support certification
- Advanced degree in health care management and/or nursing and RCFE certificate desired
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in geriatric population