At our Medial Clients Clinics are a “family helping other families in the community” and we are always striving to be better for the people and the community we serve. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we serve patients from all walks of life. No one is turned away and charges are based on each individual’s ability to pay.
The Associate Medical Director of Family Medicine in consultation with the Regional Medical Director establishes reviews, maintains family medicine clinical programs, and ensures the quality of medical services provided to MCC patients. Collaborates internally with other clinical services to coordinate care and develops and maintains partnerships with outside agencies to better serve the patients treated at our clinics and their families.
Full Time Benefited position
Compensation & Benefits
$185k-$218k /yr. + benefits. Signing bonus and relocation assistance (if qualified).
Our benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness, Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits.
MCC is an eligible Federally Qualified Health Center in the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program.
- Develop and maintain clinical programs to deliver high quality clinical care to the family medicine patient population.
- In coordination with the clinical and operational leadership, provides input on the impact of clinic programs and policies on our family medicine patients and providers.
- Maintain existing and establish new partnerships with community partners serving our family medicine patients and their families.
- Maintains a working collaborate partnership with Marin Health Medical Center, UCSF, and other local hospitals and clinics to coordinate transfer of care, shared care and appropriate record exchange for MCC patients.
- Attends county-level steering committees and task force meetings for adult family medicine care as assigned by Regional Medical Director.
- Assist in development of patient care policies, protocols, and procedures related to provision of family medicine primary care services for the Clinic.
- In cooperation with the Medical Director of Quality, Chief Medical Officer, and the Regional Medical Director, contributes to the implementation of a comprehensive quality management program related to family medicine services, including regular medical audits, protocol reviews, peer reviews, and tracking and reporting on appropriate clinical measures.
- Assist Regional Medical Director to conduct monthly family medicine meetings to review clinical processes and medical issues.
- Attend and participate in all assigned meetings related to family medicine, e.g., quality assurance, risk management as assigned by Regional Medical Director.
- Assist in developing and maintaining preventative screening, referral and tracking program. Conduct clinical supervision of Medical Providers to include schedules, productivity, communication and overall performance.
- In cooperation with the Chief Medical Officer, Regional Medical Director(s), and appropriate personnel, evaluates candidates for MCC positions, including review of credentials and interviewing. Actively recruits candidates for open positions.
- Assist Chief Medical Officer and Regional Medical Director(s) in reviewing quality of care and adherence to standards for MCC services.
- Develop and maintain clinical orientation materials for MCC Medical providers.
- Coordinate with Lead Quality Assurance RN to develop and update age-appropriate clinical triage guidelines, emergency procedures and standing orders for nursing and medical assistant staff for family medicine services.
- Assist the Lead Health Informatics Clinician, IT Department and Compliance staff in developing appropriate procedures and tools to appropriately document, code and place orders for family medicine visits and procedures in accordance with Federal and State requirements.
- Assist the Chief Medical Officer and Regional Medical Director in meeting requirements of all regulatory and accrediting federal and state agencies.
- Provide comprehensive primary care to MCC patients in accordance with standardized procedures and protocols
- Provide health education and counseling to patients, in a sensitive and supportive manner.
- May be required to assist with pediatric oversight of clinicians at the request of the Regional Medical Director.
- Provide patient follow up and referrals as needed.
- Graduate of an accredited medical school.
- Board Certified or Board Eligible MD with current California Medical License and DEA certificate.
- Three or more years’ of experience providing Family Medicine care in outpatient healthcare setting.
- Past work experience in leadership roles or positions.
- Demonstrated medical clinical skills.
- Ability to use computer and utilize software such as MS Outlook and other programs.
- Prior work experience with NextGen EHR a plus.
- Current BLS certification.
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) skills are required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Sensitive to the needs and situations of a multi-cultural population from a variety of income levels.