Under the direction of the program manager, functions as clinician for clients in the OCS program. Provides comprehensive, integrated, therapeutic mental health services to all assigned clients. Functions as a member of the OCS staff team. Adheres to all required documentation standards.
• Ability to relate to individuals who have severe impairments in their ability to function in the community.
• Ability to respond quickly, effectively and with equanimity to client/family crises and life situations.
• Knowledge of Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health’s Rehab Option model of service provision and documentation requirements.
• Basic computer skills and literacy are required to use the agency electronic health record. Staff must be able to logon, type, use a mouse and negotiate through various screens or windows to complete daily chart documentation.
• Ability to work as a team member and to work with other agencies, community resources and client’s families.
• Must be able to pass California State Department of Justice criminal background investigation, Live Scan and/or fingerprinting.
• Must be registered with the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
• Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Counseling, Psychology
• Must have at least two years’ experience working with mentally ill, homeless, co-occurring or incarcerated populations.
• Must have valid California Driver’s license and the availability of a car with adequate insurance.
• Provide therapeutic services to assigned clients within the OCS Program.
• Work as a team with case manager, psychiatrist, LA County Department of Mental Health, ICMS staff, and other inter/intra agency staff to provide consistent services, collaborate on needed interventions and monitor client treatment goals.
• Function as QMHP for assigned clients; ensuring Adult Initial Assessment, Treatment Plans and Tri-Annual Assessments and other required updates are clinically relevant to the individual client as well as reviewed, completed and signed in a timely manner as specified by Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health standards.
• Ensure clients are involved in establishing goals in the areas of living arrangements, social relationships, education, and medical care as associated with their functional impairments. Involve clients in all aspects of the services they receive as partners, providing them with choices and with opportunities for empowerment whenever possible.
• Meet with all assigned clients based on frequency stated in the client’s treatment plan. Monitor client’s participation in services.
• Conduct individual psychotherapy, family therapy, and/or groups as necessary. Utilize evidence based treatment for improved outcomes.
• Track clients’ medication to ensure that they are medication compliant and collaborate with medication support team to ensure ongoing compliance and attendance to doctor’s appointments.
• Provide crisis intervention services to OCS clients at risk of hospitalization, and /or incarceration in an effort to avert hospitalization, and /or incarceration. Conduct a safety plan with all clients, ensuring client know where to access crisis stabilization services after hours.
• Maintain contact with family members and significant other support persons of clients as appropriate.
• Maintain productivity of 6 hours of billable service per day and submit progress notes in electronic health records within 48 hours of direct services. Documentation is to be completed and submitted accurately and in a timely manner. The services delivered are to be a documented in a manner consistent with established standards for the assigned program.
• Prepare for weekly clinical meetings and case consultations by having current information on the status of all assigned clients.
• Participate in agency utilization review process as scheduled.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Routine duties involving interacting with a variety of individuals within the agency, clients, and the community.
• Daily functions which may include exposure to clients/family members from various ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, with communicable diseases and some may be prone to violence.
• Strives to be flexible and adapt to change
• Seeks opportunities to facilitate change and encourages others to do the same
• Maintains a constructive and positive outlook
• Travels to site locations and outside locations as needed or requested.
• Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of insurance is required and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
In the course of performing this work, the employee:
• Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
• Must regularly lift and/or move up to_15__ pounds, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to _15__ pounds
• Is expected to travel periodically via personal vehicle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.