Under the direction of the Clinical Supervisor functions as Clinician for clients in the Mental Healthcare Client program. Provides comprehensive, integrated, therapeutic mental health services to all assigned clients. Functions as a member of the Mental Healthcare Client staff team. Adheres to all required documentation standards.
Must be able to pass California State Department of Justice criminal background investigation, Live Scan and/or fingerprinting.
Master’s degree in Social Work, Marriage and Family Counseling, Psychology
Registered with the State of California Board of Behavioral Science Examiners for the area of specialty.
Must have at least two years experience working with mentally ill and homeless populations.
Special Skills and Knowledge:
- Ability to relate to individuals who have severe impairments in their ability to function in the community.
- Ability to respond quickly, effectively and with equanimity to client/family crises and life situations.
- Knowledge of Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health’s Rehab Option model of service provision and documentation requirements.
- Basic computer skills and literacy are required to use the agency electronic health record. Staff must be able to logon, type, use a mouse and negotiate through various screens or windows to complete daily chart documentation.
- Ability to work as a team member and to work with other agencies, community resources and client’s families.
- Must have valid California Driver’s license and the availability of a car with adequate insurance.
- Functions as therapist for Mental Healthcare Client in the Mental Healthcare Program
- Work as a team with LA County Department of Mental Health, psychiatrists and other interagency and intra-agency staff to provide consistent services.
- Functions as QMHP for assigned clients; ensuring Adult Initial Assessment, Treatment Plans and Tri-Annual Assessments and other required updates are clinically relevant to the individual client as well as reviewed, completed and signed in a timely manner as specified by Los Angeles County Department of Mental Health standards.
- Works with our Mental Health Care Client’s program treatment team to coordinate services and monitor Client treatment plans and treatment goals.
- Plan, develop and conduct groups as necessary.
- Provide crisis intervention services to our Mental Healthcare clients at risk of hospitalization, detention and /or incarceration in an effort to avert hospitalization, detention and /or incarceration.
- Maintain contact with family members and significant other support persons of clients as appropriate.
- Maintain productivity of 6 hours of billable service per day and submit Units of Service log and progress notes in electronic health records within 48 hours of direct service. Service codes and time billed must be consistent on the UOS log and progress note. Documentation is to be completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Involve clients in all aspects of the services they receive as partners, providing them with choices and with opportunities for empowerment whenever possible.
- Ensure clients are involved in establishing goals in the areas of living arrangements, social relationships, age appropriate developmental tasks, education, and dental and medical care as associated with their functional impairments.
- Provide services to clients 6 hours of an 8 hour work day and / or 75% of hours worked not including meeting and training hours each day. The services delivered are to be documented in a manner consistent with established standards for the assigned program.
- Prepare for weekly clinical staff meetings and supervision by having current information on the status of all assigned clients and program assignments.
- Participate in agency utilization review process as scheduled.
- On an ongoing basis, complete all required DMH clinical services documentation, Outcomes Measures and other paperwork assigned within prescribed time frames.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Routine duties involving interacting with a variety of individuals within the agency, clients, and the community.
- Daily functions which may include exposure to clients/family members from various ethnic, cultural and socio-economic backgrounds, with communicable diseases and some may be prone to violence.
- Strives to be flexible and adapt to change
- Seeks opportunities to facilitate change and encourages others to do the same
- Maintains a constructive and positive outlook
- Travels to site locations and outside locations as needed or requested.
- Position requires driving, valid driver’s license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of insurance is required and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
In the course of performing this work, the employee:
- Will spend time sitting, standing, walking, driving, reaching, speaking and listening.
- Must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, and may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
- Is expected to travel periodically via personal vehicle.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Pay for Clinicians:
English Speaking $71,000
Spanish Speaking $73,000