Registered Nurse Home Health
Job Description: To manage and coordinate the care of assigned clients in the homes of clients by providing comprehensive skilled nursing services and referral for therapeutic services as needed in order to achieve maximum rehabilitation and recovery for the Agency’s clients.
Reports to: VP of Clinical Services OR Director of Professional Services
Class III: Professional Field Staff
F.L.S.A Status: Exempt
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Completes initial and periodic comprehensive assessments of clients, caregivers, and home environments for admission to and continued service from the Agency to determine needs, effectiveness of care provided, and achievement of anticipated outcomes. Assessments may include OASIS items at appropriate time points.
• Accepts client admissions as assigned by Agency and weekend on-call assignments.
• Provides comprehensive nursing care through the utilization of the home assessment, nursing diagnoses, and physician-approved care plans.
• Performs treatment(s) requiring specialized skills ordered by the physician.
• Observes signs and symptoms and report them to the VP of Clinical Services / Director of Professional Services and/or physician as appropriate.
• Notes changes in physical or emotional status of clients.
• Assesses nutritional needs and diet of clients as ordered by physician.
• Counsels, teaches, and supervises the client and caregivers regarding self-care techniques, nursing care needs, the disease process, and promotion of health and disease prevention strategies.
• Promotes client and caregiver independence in self-care.
• Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing procedures.
• Involves other Agency staff in the care of clients under the direction of a physician when deemed helpful to client rehabilitation.
• Coordinates services among Agency staff and appropriate community services to ensure achievement of client care goals.
• Establishes priorities and goals for the client and initiates and revises the plan of care to achieve those goals.
• Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by a physician.
• Maintains comprehensive medication and administrative records.
• Provides supervisory visits for assigned home health aides at least every 14 days and documents visit in clinical records.
• Consults with physician when necessary and document in writing appropriate changes of orders where necessary
• Serves as advocate for clients and report changes in client needs to the Agency and physician.
• Requests increases or reductions in service as determined by client needs.
• Participates in professional meetings and in-services when directed.
• Arranges necessary referral to community agencies in collaboration with other staff disciplines as indicated.
• Develops and implements discharge plans with clients and/or caregivers.
• Prepares written care plans for Paraprofessional staff, maintains communication with Paraprofessional staff regarding changes in client condition or plan of care, and evaluates.
• Utilizes electronic documentation of client care and complies with Agency policy regarding timeliness in submission of documentation.
• Supervises Licensed Practical Nurses as required and documents supervisory visits in clinical records at least monthly.
• Keeps informed of legislative requirements, current charting needs, and dates for recertification for assigned clients.
• Fulfills other assignments as requested by the VP of Clinical Services or Director of Professional Services.
Education and Experience:
• Holds a current Registered Nurse license
• Is a graduate from an approved school of nursing.
• Has a minimum of two years of experience in an acute setting that requires heart, lung, and physical assessments or has demonstrated ability or education in same areas.
• Has current CPR certification.
• Has excellent communication, organizational, and human relations skills.
• Is able to function with minimal supervision.
• Is able to manage multiple projects/changing priorities.
• Is able to employ critical thinking skills.
RN – FT Salary (based on experience) $85k-100k
• Full Time Benefits (Benefits Package Attached)
• Gas Card w/ $250/month Car Allowance
RN – PRN (based on Experience) Pay Per Visit:
• No Benefits
• Mileage: .35/mile
• Willing to commit to 18 visits per week