Radiologic Technologist performs x-rays for diagnostic purposes at our non profit client. Follow established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
Work hours:32 hours per week. Monday through Thursday.
8:00am to 5:00pm
Our benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness, Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits.
- Prepares patients for radiologic procedures.
- Provides verbal and/or written instructions and assist patients in positioning body parts to be radiographed.
- Explains procedures and observe patients to ensure patient care, safety and comfort during scan.
- Operates radiologic equipment to produce images of the body for diagnostic purposes.
- Positions radiologic equipment and adjust controls to set exposure time and distance according to specification of examination.
- Takes X-Rays following established radiologic requirements and regulations to ensure patient care and safety.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to ensure safety of patients and team members.
- Ensures radiologic equipment remains in working order.
- Reports equipment malfunctions to Clinic Director.
- Performs related administrative duties including completing necessary forms, complete billing, and maintain procedure logs.
- Retrieves radiologic orders from and input related data into the electronic medical record.
- Maintains adequate radiologic supplies.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
- Associate college degree or higher education preferred.
- Must be a graduate of a JRCERT accredited School of Radiologic Technology program.
- Must have current Diagnostic Radiologic Technology certification from the California Department of Public Health.
- Must have current Radiologic Technologist credentials from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).
- Must have current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Health Association.
- Must have at least two years of radiology experience in general radiology.
- Knowledge of radiologic standards, requirements and regulations.
- Knowledge of radiologic safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations.
- Knowledge of radiologic equipment uses and maintenance.
- Ability to work independently and able to perform general radiography with minimal supervision.
- Ability to do light or medium lifting (20-50 pounds).
- Ability to make independent decisions using good judgment.
- Strong communication ability, written and orally in English.
- Ability to perform work accurately with high attention to detail.
- Ability to complete work thoroughly in a fast paced clinic environment setting.
- Proficient ability to use a computer. Prior work experience utilizing electronic medical record highly desired.
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt easily to changing conditions and work responsibilities.
- Ability to work individually and collaborate within a team.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is highly desired.
Pay is $40.00 to $43.00 DOE