Patient Experience Facilitator – Medical Office Receptionist
SUPERVISED BY: Manager of Patient Experience STATUS:
Hourly/Full-Time – Non Exempt Our Heath Care Community Health Center Client
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Medical Office Receptionist serves patients by greeting and assisting them on the phone or in person.
- Additionally, the receptionist schedules appointments, maintains documentation and records, facilitates the smooth running of the front office, and supports the delivery of quality patient care.
- Welcomes patients and visitors by warmly greeting patients and visitors, in person or on the telephone; answering or referring inquiries.
- Optimizes patients’ satisfaction, provider time, and treatment room utilization by scheduling appointments in person or by telephone.
- Keeps patient appointments on schedule by notifying provider of patient’s arrival; reviewing service delivery compared to schedule; reminding provider of service delays.
- Comforts patients by anticipating patients’ anxieties; answering patients’ questions; maintaining the reception area.
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records.
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information.
- Obtains revenue by recording and updating financial information; recording and collecting patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims.
- Maintains business office inventory and equipment by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies; scheduling equipment service and repairs.
- Helps patients in distress by responding to emergencies with empathy and appropriate response.
- Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information.
- Maintains operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Obtains medical authorizations and referrals for procedures QUALIFICATIONS
- High school graduate or its equivalency;
- Experience in medical front office procedures preferred and knowledge of medical terminology;
- Ability to always demonstrate the highest level of performance and behavior standards;
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to effectively and respectfully handle dissatisfied patients;
- Demonstrated attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and flexible;
- Knowledge of standard office machines including copier, fax, multi?line telephone, printers, etc.;
- Ability to be a team player; support and assist team members. SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS
- Valid California Driver License and automobile insurance coverage;
- Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment; and TB clearance, and annual influenza to be renewed every year.
Pay $16.00 to $19.00 an hour