Memory Care RN Co -Wellness Director
The Co-Wellness Director (CWD) uses his/her nursing knowledge to promote and maintain a healthy and enriched resident centered care environment to ensure that the Residents’ needs are adequately and appropriately assessed and met. Working closely with their Co-Wellness Director counterpart, as well as the Executive Director and the Leadership Team, the CWD plays a critical part in the admission and retention of Residents to assure compliance with New York State Department of Health Regulations for our licensed community. Both Co-Wellness Directors are responsible for the 24-hour, 7 day a week operation of the Wellness Department and provide clinical support and assistance to Nurses and Med Assistants while offering continual hands-on support to the Care Managers on the floors. Leading by example, the Directors exhibit the highest level of professionalism and customer service in resolving problems while communicating regularly and in a timely manner to all resident/family questions and requests.
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Current New York State Registered Nursing License in good standing
- Meets all NYS Department of Health requirements.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in a skilled nursing facility or assisted living residence caring for a geriatric population
- A minimum of 1+ years’ experience in as a Supervisor
- Exudes patience, tact, cheerfulness and enthusiasm
- Willingness and ability to accept that this position requires that Director may often work one weekend day each week, some holidays and at times, long hours or even evenings or overnight to meet the needs of the community.
- Superior communication skills and empathy in dealing with family members/responding to their concerns in a timely fashion.
- Ability to efficiently/effectively communicate and cooperate with all levels of Staff.
- Willingness to work closely and openly with their CWD to create and maintain an efficiently well-run Wellness Department.
- Willingness to work closely with all members of the Leadership Team – Executive Director, Resident Manager, Assistant Executive Director, Director of Recreation, Director of HR, Food Service Director, Building Services Director and Concierge – sharing critical information in the best interest of the Residents and community.
- Present as neat and well groomed, courteous, tactful, patient, professional, kind and pleasant in all dealings with Staff, Residents, Family Members and Visitors.
- Working with their CWD and the Executive Director, possess ability to seek out new methods and principles while maintaining willingness to incorporate them into existing practices.
- Ability to cope with the mental and emotional stresses of the position.
- Ability to relate and adapt to Residents who may be ill, disabled, emotionally upset or angry (as often found in community dedicated to enhanced memory care).
- Must clearly speak, read and write in English as per the NYS DOH regulations for an Assisted Living Residence with certification for both Enhanced Assisted Living and Special Needs Assisted Living.
- Ability and flexibility to tolerate frequent work interruptions and handle multitasking.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with ability to utilize all Microsoft Office Programs.
- Represents the facility in a polished and professional manner, maintaining conservative business attire at all times.
- Supports, promotes and embraces the philosophy and policies of the our client Residence licensed Assisted Living Residence with certification for both Special Needs and Enhanced Assisted Living for all 70 Beds.
- Completes and performs all such duties related to the effective and efficient operation of the Facility as may be assigned in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Must be an active member of the Quality Assurance Committee and Review, maintain and document relevant records as per DOH policy and procedure.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent Resident information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of Residents preferences and honors Resident Rights.
- Along with the CWD, responsible for the Wellness Plan of Correction following survey by the NYS DOH, rectifying any areas in which deficiencies are identified.
- Make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Willing and able to work beyond normal working hours as needed due to emergencies, call outs or vacant shifts. May have to fill in for an RN/LPN/Med Assistant in an emergency.
- Responsible for making rounds on both the evening and overnight shifts at least once each month.
- Responsible for attending and participating in Care Plan Meetings as required to keep Leadership Team, Service Providers, Families and Residents informed of any changes in status or unmet needs.
- Maintain ongoing training of Care Managers to assure Residents’ care, grooming and environment meet expectations.
- Routinely visit any Resident admitted to Hospital or Skilled Nursing Home for Rehabilitation.
- Completes all service plans, assessments, etc. as required by regulation.
- Lead Shift Change Report to maintain open communication with Staff.
- Become familiar with all paperwork – both facility’s and DOH mandated forms and Regulations.
- Become familiar with each Resident’s chart and all paperwork both upon admission and on an ongoing basis to be best able to communicate with family, physicians and other providers in a professional manner.
- Provides orientation, supervision and ongoing coaching of Nurses, Med Assistants and Care Managers.
- Coordinates work schedules to avoid overtime.
- Inform Executive Director of any care level changes and incidents.
- Oversee the self-administration of medications and treatments as prescribed by residents’ doctor(s) following facility policy and procedure as well as DOH regulations.
- Observe Residents for changes in physical, social or mental status, and report such variables to physician and family as required.
- Lead appropriate in-service programs for staff tailoring each to learning needs.
- Update tracking tools and records on the Shared Drive. Prepares and maintains resident’s files and reports.
- Adheres to all established facility policies and procedure and other duties as assigned.
- Adheres to New York State Department of Health regulatory standards.
- Attends all appropriate training, meetings and team initiatives as required.
- Oversees and maintains ongoing Quality Assurance Program.
- Reads Daily Communications and spends at least two hours each day on the floors to assist Residents and staff as needed to best identify on-going needs.
- Maintains communication and assists with coordination of services with other health care facilities to ensure the continuum of care for residents who have been temporarily transferred to other facilities.
- Maintains resident confidentiality as per HIPPA guidelines.
- Assist CWD with weekly Staff COVID testing and reporting as required by regulation.
- Completes Incident Report and submits to Executive Director/Assistant Executive Director same day.
Collaborates with Leadership Team daily & communicates any medical issues to physician and family/resident representative.
- Responsible for Wellness Quality Assurance Program, including performing assigned audits and reporting on the results of the tools.
- Graduate of accredited School of Nursing (RN)
- Minimum 5+ years experience in geriatrics required
- Current NYS RN
Must be able to clearly speak, read, write and understand the English Language.
Contact with Others Heavy contact with Residents, Families, Service Providers & Employees. Subject to frequent interruptions.
Must be able to stand, bend, push and lift up to 100 lbs. and move intermittently during working hours.
Must be able to assist in evacuation of residents.
Subject to working long hours.
Pa Range y is $90,000 to $100,000 DOE