JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant SUPERVISED BY: Clinic Manager
STATUS: Full time Non Exempt Via Care Community Health Center
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES The Medical Assistant is responsible for providing basic nursing care to patients under the direct supervision of a licensed medical staff member and completing required clerical duties associated with the provision of care.
Additionally, the Medical Assistant handles the intake of patients, vitals, documentation of past/present illness/history, chief complaint, medical labs, referrals, procedures, blood draw/injections, and relevant medical information.
• Maintains complete and accurate patient records, including entering data into the computer, ensuring proper documentation of all procedures, and assisting with processing and billing of Managed Care, Family PACT, MediCare, Medi-Cal, CHPD, CPSP, or MHLA for patient services;
• Assists with patient flow including receiving/greeting patients; locating charts; checking/making appointments; answering the telephone; and referring patients to appropriate person;
• Follows daily/weekly/monthly assignments as directed by supervisor (Clinic Manager/LVN); • Utilization of CAIR, and VFC and other systems as directed by supervisor; • Assist with immunization inventory, ordering and reporting as directed by supervisor;
• Assist in ordering supplies, maintaining inventory log and supply destruction log;
• Participate in cross training for Front Office duties, assisting Referral Coordinator and Pharmacy Technician if needed and as directed by supervisor;
• Electronic lab ordering and processing lab test results per clinic policy; • Assist in glucometer training for diabetic patients, as ordered by provider;
• Receives and treats all patients with the utmost respect and professionalism;
• Performs a wide variety of clerical duties including: preparing routine correspondence, filing, photocopying, faxing, and answering the telephone and directing calls as needed;
• Attends and actively participates in all team and staff meetings and related continuing education programs;
• Participate in ongoing trainings as required by supervisor;
• Performs other duties as required by supervisor. QUALIFICATIONS
• Medical Assistant training and certificate of completion;
• Minimum of one year experience in medical field;
• CPSP experience required;
• CPR certification – adult, child, infant, and obstructed airway – required; • Experience with electronic health records desired;
• Experience in medical front office procedures preferred;
• Ability to always demonstrate the highest level of performance and behavior standards;
• Ability to be a team player; support and assist team members;
• Ability to relate and communicate well to all cultural and ethnic groups in the community;
Bilingual Spanish strongly preferred.
• Must have a reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed);
• Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment;
• Valid California Driver License and automobile insurance coverage;
• TB clearance, influenza to be renewed every year.
• Covid Vaccine Mandatory
Pay: $16.00 to $20.00 an Hour