Litigation Associate – Full Time
Our Client’s firm is seeking a full-time litigation associate who can effectively and efficiently manage plaintiff-side and defense cases in pre-litigation, discovery, and trial. The ideal candidate has top-notch legal research, analytical, writing, oral advocacy, and interpersonal skills.
Who We Are
We are a general practice law firm dedicated to providing excellent service to our clients in business and civil litigation, collections, construction defect, corporate law, employment/labor law, estate planning and probate, insurance, personal injury, public agency law, real estate law, and other legal matters. We volunteer in our community, maintain a collegial and collaborative office, and are committed to work-life harmony and fulfillment. Their team of 18 attorneys and 9 staff members is based in the beautiful beachside community of Ventura, and represents clients in matters throughout the State of California.
What You’ll Do
If hired for this position, you will:
- assist in case evaluation and pre-litigation strategy;
- draft pleadings and motions, and propound and respond to discovery;
- take and defend depositions;
- conduct research and provide analysis regarding substantive and procedural law;
- appear in court, arbitration, and mediation;
- advise on transactional matters and prepare related documents, as needed;
- perform other associate tasks as assigned; and
- be a valuable and valued member of our team.
Who You Are
To be successful in this job, you must:
- Have a J.D. degree with strong academic credentials;
- Be an active member of California State Bar in good standing;
- Be able to rapidly synthesize case facts and the application of relevant law;
- Consistently generate top-quality filing-ready work product for review by senior attorneys, and take and apply constructive criticism to improve your work product and client results;
- Work well independently and in a team;
- Champion the firm’s mission, ethics, and values; and
- Commit to having a positive impact in our firm and our local community.