Job Description JOB TITLE: LVN SUPERVISED BY: Nursing Supervisor
STATUS: Full Time Via Care Community Health Center DUTIES AND
RESPONSIBILITIES The LVN assists the Nursing Supervisor and CMO in the supervision of clinical operations including back office and front office, and patient flow for service sites. In conjunction with the Nursing Supervisor, the LVN oversees and supervises the performance and productivity of clinical staff (MA’s/LVNs).
The LVN works in conjunction with the CMO in implementing and maintaining Quality Care Programs, ensures efficient workflow, provides ongoing clinical support, and works within the organization by interacting well with patients, clients, staff members, and providers. Data Collecting/Reporting
• Assists with data collection for various programs
• Ensures program compliance by adhering to the regulations and standards set forth by VFC and LACIP;
• Keeps up-to-date on program requirement changes and educates clinical staff (MAs/LVNs) of changes
• Observes and documents competency of clinical staff (MAs/LVNs) and provides instruction and feedback on technique
• Ensures timely documentation and submission of competency skills check list to COD
• Orders vaccines, enters inventory, maintains logs, and completes required reporting (including reminder/recall)
• Remains current with required trainings • Executes directives and programmatic changes as indicated by COD in Corrective Action Planning • Participates in audit readiness activities
• Participates in ongoing Quality Improvement activities within the program Compliance
• Complies with organizational policies and procedures
• Participates in the Continuous Quality Improvement Committee
• Assist with implementation of PMS and Electronic Health Record (EHR)
• Ensures correct documentation and recording of all pertinent information in the patient’s chart in compliance with Clinic policies, contract requirements and government regulations
• Participates in preparing for facilities and programmatic audits
• Monitors all laboratory/equipment logs as required by program and funding guidelines
• Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of infection control procedures; strictly adheres to policies and procedures
• Observes Infection control techniques (i.e. including hand washing) of clinical staff (MAs/LVNs) and ensures timely documentation and submission of educational efforts with clinical staff (MAs/LVNs) to the COD
• Monitors strict adherence to universal precautions as established by the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, Occupational Safety and Health Administration, DHS/OA.
• Ensures clinical staff observe, record and report to provider’s patient/client condition and reaction to medications and treatments
• Monitors staff compliance to dress code and badge policy at all times in patient/client care areas
• Assists management team in recruiting and hiring of appropriate staff
• Assigns workloads, develops priorities, and establishes work schedules necessary to ensure timely and accurate completion of tasks In conjunction with the COD, establishes accountability and performance goals and provides counseling, coaching, feedback, recognition, training, and development of clinical staff (MAs/LVNs)
• In conjunction with the COD, performs yearly appraisals and develops performance objectives, resulting in the growth and development of direct reports Attends and actively participates in all team and staff meetings
• Participates in and develops daily huddle opportunities in conjunction with COD
• Communicates regularly and effectively with MD/COD about patient flow issues and participates in improvement efforts
• Monitors supplies and coordinates with the Office Manager for the procurement of medical, office supplies and equipment to ensure the availability of adequate equipment and supplies required to provide patient care services
• Supports and participates in meetings and training seminars to continue education, knowledge, skills and professional competence of the clinical staff (MAs/LVNs)
• Provides therapeutic patient care within scope of practice in accordance with the plan of care developed by the patient and provider • Enhances patient visits with provider by providing ongoing education to patients regarding treatments, disease processes, health maintenance and medication adherence
• Provides regularly scheduled patient group educational opportunities on various topics to be conducted in general meeting areas (i.e. including patient waiting room)
• Gives oral, intradermal, subcutaneous, intramuscular, topical medications, and treatments as ordered by provider
• Assists providers with exams and treatments as needed • Facilitates the efficient flow of the walk-in process by, within scope of practice, monitoring patient’s condition by observing signs, symptoms and reactions to treatments/therapies to identify unexpected and/or significant findings
• Initiates appropriate emergency procedure and communicates with the providers/MD/COD
• Reports to the COD and unusual occurrences in a timely fashion
• Develops and ensures adherence to the clinic staff (MAs/LVNs) schedule, monthly assignments and Accountable MA assignments
• Ensures cleanliness of nursing area, patient room and proper functioning of equipment by visual inspection, routine testing and other methods Promotes, ensures and improves customer service to patients and staff by demonstrating skills which are consistent with the organization’s values
• Utilizes effective verbal and non-verbal forms of communication
• Other duties as assigned QUALIFICATIONS
• Minimum BA degree in health care, public health, or a related field and 1-year supervisory experience;
• Completion of Board of Vocational Nursing;
• Most possess current CPR and First Aid certification;
• Cultural and linguistic competency and diversity sensitivity;
• Ability to work independently and as a member of various teams and committees;
• Ability to communicate orally and in writing in a professional manner;
• Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills; and
• Bilingual in Spanish strongly recommended.
• Must have a reliable automobile for use on the job (mileage to be reimbursed);
• Valid California Driver License and automobile insurance coverage • Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment; and
• TB clearance, influenza to be renewed every year
• Covid Vaccine is mandatory for employment
Pays $23.00 to $29.00 DOE
RN, Registered Nurse, Skilled Nursing PM Shift 3:00 PM to 11PM $3,000.00 sign on bonus are paid $1,000.00 in their first paycheck and $2,000.00 at six months.
If you are a skilled and ambitious Skilled Nursing Registered Nurse looking for a career opportunity to combine your managerial expertise with compassionate hands-on care, join our skilled nursing team! The primary purpose of your job position is to supervise the day-to-day nursing activities of the units in your charge during your tour of duty. Such supervision must be in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines, and regulations that govern our facility, and as may be required by the Director of Nursing, to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
SALARY $35.84 to $43.00 hour
As Registered Nurse RN you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties. As a Registered Nurse you report directly to the Director of Nursing.
Registered Nurse / RN – Skilled Nursing Requirements:
Must possess, as a minimum, a Registered Nurse Degree from an accredited college or university, or be a graduate of an approved RN program. Preferred that a minimum of 1 years experience with long-term care, on-the-job training provided.
Registered Nurse / RN – Skilled Nursing RN
As a Registered Nurse RN, you can expect a salary of $39.00 – $43.00 (up to $44.00 with Shift differential) an hour, based on experience. There is ample room for advancement and promotion within our company.
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call
We look forward to hearing from you!