Our client is a luxury senior living community located n Palo Alto. We are a Continuing Care Retirement Community and Residential Care Facilities for the Elderly offering independent living, assisted living, memory support, and access to skilled nursing and rehabilitation services. Our client is currently searching for a Business Office Manager who are willing to bring their enthusiastic energy to our management team.
What Client Offers:
- Competitive hourly pay and flexible scheduling options (holiday, overtime, and weekend hours)
- Extensive technical training
- Team oriented working environment
- Accrued PTO, beginning at day one
- Discounted meal plans
- Discounted gym membership to the Oshman JCC
- Health insurance, dental & vision insurance, pet insurance, and life insurance available
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
Working in accordance with the established mission, policies, and procedures, the Human Resources Director is responsible for planning, coordinating, and administering the personnel activities for the Community, including full cycle recruitment activities, benefits administration, employee relations, etc.
Essential Job Duties:
- Recruits’ personnel and ensures compliance with federal, state and local laws as well as applicable Community policies and procedures.
- Completes all paperwork and maintains on?going personnel folders for all employees.
- Assists in the development and the administration of all employee benefit programs, providing assistance in submitting claims, maintaining adequate supply of all necessary forms, reviewing coverage, evaluating performance of providers, serving as contact person for insurance carriers interested in offering employee benefits programs to Community.
- Conducts compensation and classification studies on site and through professional associations, keeping abreast of trends and conditions in the business community.
- Assists in the preparation of all job descriptions and specifications to ensure the integrity of the Community wage and salary system.
- Maintains the Employee Handbook and Job Descriptions and Specifications preparing changes, additions and corrections as needed.
- Ensures confidentiality of employee records, releasing authorized information regarding employment verification, following Community policy regarding all inquiries and routinely informs other staff of the requirements of the Community confidentiality policy.
- Reviews and submits all Worker’s Compensation reports, processing all medical and wage claims, maintaining required logs, preparing necessary reports, analyzing injury logs, submitting recommendations to supervisors regarding areas of concern.
- Gathers, reviews, disseminates, and makes recommendations to reduce worker’s compensation and promote a safe environment for employee safety and health, keeping abreast of changes in OSHA requirements and informing the Safety Committee and appropriate staff where applicable.
- Processes all unemployment compensation claims and inquiries, completing all requests for information, representing the community at all unemployment claims hearings.
- Reviews and maintains on file, all employee incident reports.
- Conducts training seminars and workshops for staff relating to employee safety, equal employment opportunity, employee benefits, personnel policies and procedures, disciplinary action, termination, and other matters, as required.
- Serves as resource for supervisory staff, explaining and interpreting personnel procedures and the implications of applicable laws and regulations, assisting, as needed, in the completion of necessary documentation of personnel matters by supervisory staff relating to disciplinary action, termination and evaluation.
- Processes all Personnel Action Requests to ensure accuracy and compliance with Community policies and procedures.
- Serves as representative for employees and acts in a conciliatory role regarding employee concerns, conferring with and counseling employees regarding personnel policies and procedures, disciplinary actions, benefits, employee relations, and work-related concerns.
- Coordinates all general orientation and reorientation programs for new employees.
- Coordinates staff development training programs.
- During Manager on Duty assignments, this position will serve as the on-site decision maker for any situations that arise during weekends, including resident/vendor/family member/guest situations and directing other on-site staff in how to address unusual situations including conflicts and emergencies. Consults with ED as necessary and appropriate to MOD duties and as per MOD policy.
- Attends in-service training and education sessions, as assigned.
- Performs specific work duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- High School Diploma, Bachelors Degree a plus.
- A minimum of three to five years human resources generalist experience preferably in a customer service or hospitality environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of state and federal labor regulations, compensation administration, employee relations, compensation, and benefits administration, recruiting and selection, and training and development.
- Certification in Human Resources preferred.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORKING CONDITIONS:
Must be able to move throughout the building and grounds as needed throughout the day; must be able to lift up to 25 lbs. Good verbal communication skills required. Must be able to effectively communicate in English.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Our Client is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: From $52.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Human Resources: 3 years (Preferred)
- One location