Detox Technician – RADT San Fernando Valley
Salary $17 – $21 an hour
Job Type Full-time and Part-time
- EMR systems, 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Work, 1 year (Preferred)
- Data Collection, 1 year (Preferred)
- Master’s (Preferred)
Our client is a Treatment Center is seeking a dedicated, hard-working, and thorough Detox Technician – RADT to join their team!
Reporting to the Operations Manger, the Detox Technician is responsible for providing direct client care and supervision to adults in the residential program and maintaining and keeping the house running smoothly and providing a clean and sanitary environment at all times. Observes and reports changes in behavior, emotional and/or medical problems that require an immediate response.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Completes appropriate documentation in clinical charts, supports goals outlined in treatment plans and clinical progress notes.
- Participates in therapeutic interactions, guidance, support and role modeling to residents while monitoring behavior according to program guidelines.
- Foster and creates positive relationships and communicates with team members, residents, and residents families and visitors.
- Provide transportation to scheduled appointments and activities.
- Provides crisis intervention when necessary.
- Documents all significant interactions with each client.
- Assist with meal preparation. Do laundry and change out beds upon discharge of residents. Make sure chores are assigned.
- Ensures safety and well-being of clients at all times.
- Willing to utilize skills within the company to support growth and development
- It is your responsibility to notify your supervisor within 24 hours if you are unable to show up to work. Time of leave has to be requested 2 weeks in advance.
- Address any concerns directly to Clinical Director and Management.
Must be high school graduate, CPR certified and driving record in good standing.
Preferred two years experience in the field of mental health and chemical dependency, be computer literate, and have excellent communication skills.
Skills and Competency:
- Has the ability to listen actively when spoken to and effectively communicate their thoughts to others.
- Is sensitive to religious, ethnic and cultural differences in others and show respect and empathy.
- Is able to work alone, but also as a team with fellow staff in the business setting and actively seek out advice and/or guidance in order to solve problems.
- The Candidate will have good time management skills and actively seek to accomplish tasks and be able to use a variety of methods and ideas to solve problems; whilst also being open to suggestions from others in order to find solutions.
- Awareness of EMR Systems a plus.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Holds a current RADT Certification through CCAPP
- 8 Hour Shift
- Day shift
- EMR systems: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Work: 1 year (Preferred)
- Data Collection: 1 year (Preferred)
- Master’s (Preferred)
- One location