The Registered Nurse II Acute provides professional nursing care in licensed Acute Hospitals and Sub-Acute Facilities (“Hospital”) that have contracted with DaVita to provide dialysis to patients of the Hospital and under the license of the Hospital. At all times, the Hospital and the patient’s physician retain ultimate authority over and responsibility for each patient’s care and treatment. This position reports to the Facility Administrator.
Needs to Dialysis experience within the last 12 months!
• Plans and provides patient care for the pediatric, adult and geriatric patients in the hospital in accordance with physician orders, DaVita policy and procedures as well as hospital policy and procedures
• Provides quality direct patient care and renal replacement therapies independently, in a professional, considerate and respectful manner
• Supervises and directs patient care of other teammates in a treatment area that may or may not be licensed
• Interacts and communicates with hospital partners in a collaborative, respectful manner, gives pre/post treatment report through appropriate reporting process to hospital primary RN/Staff
• Documents patients’ physical assessment, vital signs , patients treatment reviews and observations in patient medical records and brings issues to the attention of the physician and primary nurse
• Documents, evaluates and implements dialysis orders.
• Analyzes patient assessments, dialysis orders, laboratory results and, discusses issues with the nephrologist
• Communicates emergencies, patient life-threatening complications and related incidents to supervisor, hospital staff, and the patient’s physician
• Provides initiation and discontinuation of the prescribed renal replacement therapy, including but not limited to formulating a plan per physician orders, verifying safety measures are in place and complied with, administering medications or other appropriate treatments, and documenting all activity appropriately on the DaVita approved flowsheet or hospital EMR
• Demonstrates the ability to transfer skill set and work in other Hospital settings when required
• Attends Hospital orientation, homeroom meetings, and mandatory in-services as required
• Verifies accurate charges and documentation are submitted in a timely manner • Enters ACOI Data accurate and in a timely manner
• Independently demonstrates the ability to perform and take call for two (2) modalities besides hemodialysis; PD, CRRT, Apheresis, Pediatric or half the contracted modalities • Acts as a resource or preceptor for teammates with less experience
• Supervises day to day work of multi-treatment room teammates
• Proficient in all RN I duties
• Other duties as assigned o A facility may be selected to participate in research study(ies) under the guidance of Clients Clinical Research.
Any clinical or administrative duty required by the study protocol, which is provided during the course of a patient’s treatment, is considered an essential duty of the job