Our Medical Clients Clinics we are a “family helping other families in the community” and we are always striving to be better for the people and the community we serve. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we serve patients from all walks of life. No one is turned away and charges are based on each individual’s ability to pay.
Our Medical Client Clinics is a multi-clinic network with a wide array of primary care, specialty and referral services. As a Federally Qualified Health Center, we provide vital health services to more than 38,000 insured and uninsured patients annually. Marin Community Clinics means a healthier Marin County for everyone. Our Mission is to improve the health of our patients and community by providing high quality, cost-effective, culturally sensitive, patient-centered health care.
Reporting to the Lead Psychiatrist, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner provides quality care to patients consistent with her/his training and expertise.
Please submit a cover letter briefly outlining interest for the position.
Work schedule:24 or 40 hours per week.
Compensation and Benefits:
$124k-$166k + benefits. Signing bonus and relocation assistance (if qualified).
Our benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness, Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits.
- Works as member of the behavioral health and primary care team
- Provides psychotropic medication evaluations and follow-up care for patients by request of PCP or other behavioral health providers as part of their overall treatment plan, per NP protocols
- Provides case consultation to PCPs and BH team members regarding psychotropic medication questions (e.g., side effects, dosage adjustments, etc)
- Provides patient education and medication advice to diverse patients
- Provides input about treatment changes including medication changes for PCPs and therapists when patients are not improving using a population-based approach
- Provides ongoing education and consultation to PCPs and other members of the care team
- Flexible and able to work effectively in fast-paced, high-volume primary care clinic
- Maintains charts in Electronic Health Record
- The candidate must possess a CA Registered Nurse License, Nurse Practitioner Furnishing License, and have successfully completed a Nurse Practitioner program that conforms to the standards of CA.
- Board of Registered Nursing resulting in certification through the CA Board of Registered Nursing as a Nurse Practitioner.
- At least 2 years’ experience as a Nurse Practitioner in an outpatient psychiatric setting within the last 4 years is preferred.
- Experience with outpatient treatment of adults, children, and adolescents with psychiatric disorders and chemical dependence issues preferred.
- Experience with or willingness to learn about primary care psychiatric consultation.
- Skilled in conducting mental health counseling/health education sessions both individually and in groups.
- Experience in behavioral health triage, crisis intervention, and case management.
- Bilingual English/Spanish highly desired.
- Experience with NextGen EHR a plus.
- Ability to see 5-6 patients per 4 hour shift.
- Ability to treat patients 18+ years of age.
- Ability to work evenings desired but not required.
- Experience treating youth patients a plus but not required for this role.
- Ability and willingness to provide support to our clients Clinic locations in San Rafael, Novato and Larkspur, CA. (Clinics are close in distance from each other)
- Demonstrates a comprehensive knowledge of psychotropic medications and detox medications, ability to create and follow medication protocols.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of DSM-V diagnoses and implementation of appropriate treatment options.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of legal aspects of psychiatric care and commitment procedures, e.g., reporting requirements for 5150’s, Tarasoff, Elder & Child Abuse, etc.)
- Cultural competence/humility; demonstrated experience & commitment to providing care in diverse patient populations;
- Demonstrated ability in the assessment of behavioral health patients.
- Ability to work with a supportive, dynamic, highly functional inter-disciplinary team in the Behavioral Health Department.
- Ability to function independently and professionally within a community healthcare clinic setting.