APRN or PA Pulmonary – Critical Care – ICU 7PM to 7 AM
Our Clients with offices in Orange City, Lake Mary and Oviedo is in search of a Pulmonary/ Critical Care advanced practice provider to care for our diverse patient population. The ideal candidate would have some sort of exposure to Pulmonary/ Critical Care whether as an RN or having experience was a provider.
The Certified Advanced Practice Registered Nurse/ Physician Assistant , in collaboration and consultation with physicians Care Coordinators, staff RNs and other health care professionals, provides compassionate care to patients and families. The APRN/ PA practices within the context of collaborative management with a physician(s) in diagnosing, managing, and preventing acute and chronic illness and disease, and promoting wellness.
- APRN: MN or MSN or DNP or PhD or DNS degree in nursing required.
- PA: Master’s Degree in Physician Assistant Studies.
- Certification through ANCC, AANP or NCCPA ( or equivalent certification body)
- Current, valid Florida APRN or PA license.
- Current BLS, ACLS, certifications.
- Assesses the physical and psychosocial status of patients by means of interview, health history, physical examination, and diagnostic studies
- Recognizes deviations from normal in the physical assessment; works collaboratively to formulate treatment plans.
- Implements appropriate management based on laboratory results, physical assessment, routine diagnostic and follow-up studies, therapeutic measures, admission and discharge care in accordance with written practice protocols.
- Initiates appropriate actions to facilitate the implementation of therapeutic plans that are consistent with the continuing healthcare needs of patients.
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- Demonstrates caring practices by providing a compassionate and therapeutic environment for patients and their families.
- Demonstrates awareness of legal issues and patients’ rights.
- Identifies, analyzes, and resolves patient care issues to foster significant improvement in patient care.
- Dictates and documents an accurate and timely manner.
- Shares clinical expertise with professional and supportive personnel and collaborates with other healthcare disciplines to ensure continuity and quality of care.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- This position requires at least one year experience, preferably with critical care/pulmonary patients.
- One year of critical care / pulmonary care experience for patients with life-limiting or life-threatening conditions highly preferred
- Team Player
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
Benefits of joining:
Dynamic administration that fosters clinician autonomy when it comes to clinical decision making and patient outcomes.
Robust operational support and resources in a collaborative work environment.
- Competitive compensation package.
- Benefits package includes time away for vacations and conferences, health/vision/dental insurance along with full malpractice coverage, disability coverage, and retirement savings options.
- Generous CME allowance.
Central Florida Community
Greater Orlando offers direct access to Florida’s world-famous theme parks and attractions.
Our lifestyle options have something for everyone, from the downtown districts for those enjoying a trendy urban flair, to family-oriented communities with top rated public and private schools. Including the University of Central Florida.
We have ample outdoor activities including large public parks for your kids and pets, hiking and biking trails, and abundant lake access for kayaking, fishing and paddle boarding, with Florida’s beautiful beaches only an hour away. We have a vibrant sports community with national teams like the Orlando Magic Basketball and Orlando City Soccer Club.
Pay Rate: 110,00 to $130,000 DOE