Our client, a large community-based nonprofit in Orange County, CA is looking to hire a Vice President of Social Services. This person will set the strategy for the Social Services Department as well as its programs. The VP will be responsible for the following:
- operations management
- multi-million-dollar contract administration
- program planning, expansion and oversight
- management of a large field organization
- fiscal management
- grant and fund-development initiatives
- partner relations
The Vice President will direct a large organization with 30+ managers, supervisors, case managers, program administration staff, and field staff. He or she will also coordinate with staff from a variety of community centers and other organizations along a large number of volunteers. In addition to managing and optimizing existing programs and services, and developing the organization’s post-Covid strategies, this innovative leader is will play a critical role in strengthening and positioning the organization to develop future contracts to expand current programs and develop new services.
As a member of the executive team, this key position requires excellent leadership capacity, operations management, contract administration and negotiation skills, independent judgment, outstanding critical thinking and analytical skills, ability to manage multiple competing priorities, assertiveness combined with superior relationship-management skills, strong executive presence, and excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
The following are required competencies and/or areas of proven performance:
- Experience leading multi-cultural teams with sensitivity to DEI (Diversity, Equity and Inclusion) and/or cultural competency in serving multi-cultural senior populations
- Conversational capacity or fluency in Spanish or Vietnamese a plus
- Outstanding record of operations management of a large, complex organization and leading teams through major change initiatives
- Proven ability to develop and manage to outcomes, KPI’s and quality metrics and the ability to rapidly analyze, interpret and act on issues and trends
- Successful experience designing and implementing new programs and services
- Evidence of strong commitment to developing personal leadership capacity and that of team members
- Excellent emotional intelligence and ability to develop trust-based rapport with department, internal and external stakeholders
- Record of performing well under pressure in a complex, dynamic environment
- Strong negotiating skills
- An undergraduate degree and advanced degree in the following areas strongly desired: MPH, MPA, MHA, MBA, RN, and/or LCSW. MSW, MSG or other relevant advanced degrees may also be considered.
- Five or more years’ experience supervising teams in a healthcare setting such as hospitals, skilled nursing, home health, home care, hospice, visiting nurses, field social workers, community-based social services organization or similar a significant plus.