Full Time; AM 8:30 am – 5:00 pm; Saturday – Wednesday (1 openings Housing)
Full Time; PM 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm; Sunday – Wednesday (1 openings 4x10s ITR)
Full Time; PM 3:00 pm – 11:30 pm; Wednesday – Saturday (1 openings 4x10s ITR)
Wage range $42.12 – $62.01 – Telecare applies geographic differentials to its pay ranges. The pay range assigned to this role will be based on the geographic location from which the role is performed. Starting pay is commensurate with relevant experience above the minimum requirements.
The Licensed Team Lead (Correctional Setting) provides supervision to multidisciplinary teams working with and on behalf of mentally, physically, or developmentally disabled persons; plans, organizes, and directs the work of the staff and program; coordinates service needs, and collaborates with other services and agencies; completes assessments and determines the appropriate level of services for new members; maintains order and supervises the conduct of inmates; protects and maintains the safety of persons and property; and does other related work.
• Demonstrates the Telecare mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
• Functions as service plan supervisor for the team; ensures coordination of clinical and administrative team functions including scheduling of staff and individuals served
• Directs day-to-day clinical/administrative operations of assigned team, ensuring all individuals served receive services required based on facility policy/procedure/protocol, and as indicated in their treatment plan
• Oversees and monitors accuracy of medical records
• Safeguards individuals served confidentiality
• Promotes a high involvement culture by exhibiting ability to align team around common objectives to ensure contract outcomes and organizational standards are met and maintained
• Ensures staff documentation, assessments, and paperwork meet federal, state, county, and organizational standards and timelines
• Uses person centered approaches and can supervise others in their use
• Understands documentation requirements and can supervise others to meet these requirements
• Develops, updates, and implements individual service plans
• Partners with leadership to identify and mitigate risk, and to improve care
• Abides by established policies, procedures, protocols and standards of care
• Provides consistent supervision, including support, feedback, clinical consultation, and clear expectations for meeting job standards and promotion of professional growth
• Tracks, maintains, and ensures compliance with contract expectations and outcomes
• Establishes strong customer and community relations
• Must evade members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
• Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management
• One (1) year of experience in mental health setting
• Licensed mental health professional as confirmed by state regulatory/licensing board (e.g., LCSW, LMFT, Psychologist, or LPCC) from the state of operation
• Sensitivity to multi-cultural populations and issues
• Must be at least 18 years of age
• Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply.
• One (1) year supervisory experience or supervisory training within six (6) months of employment
• Prior work experience in a crisis setting, acute psychiatric setting, healthcare setting, and or correctional setting which has included assessment of psychiatric and behavioral health members served, 5585/5150 evaluations and releases of 5585/5150 involuntary holds, as well as level of care determination, family treatment, aftercare and discharge planning
• Previous experience in providing treatment in an involuntary 24-hour a day, 7-day a week locked setting
• Two (2) years of supervision post masters experience in behavioral health setting
• Special Personal Characteristics: Empathetic understanding of inmate/patients in a County correctional facility; willingness to work in a County correctional facility; emotional stability; patience; tact; alertness; and keenness of observation.
• Special Physical Characteristics: Must be reasonably expected to have and maintain sufficient strength, agility and endurance to perform during stressful (physical, mental, and emotional) situations encountered on the job without compromising their health and well-being or that of their fellow co-workers or that of inmate/patients. Assignments may include sole responsibility for the control of inmate/patients and the protection of personal and real property.
• Ability to work effectively as a member of a multidisciplinary team
• Clinical philosophy and administrative practices must align with and promote Telecare recovery beliefs, mission, and vision
• Ability to train, empower, and lead staff to embody above elements in daily interactions with colleagues, members served, and other service providers
• Thorough understanding of the rights of members served and related legal processes
• Effective written and verbal communication
• Ability to assess safety risks
• Ability to easily build rapport
• Within three (3) months of employment, ability to apply financial requirements for billing and learn billing codes
• Ability to audit progress notes and treatment plan for payer compliance and quality
• Familiarity with stages of change and motivational interviewing
• Within three (3) months, ability to apply strength-based supervision
• Ability to work collaboratively with other program departments, medical staff and community representatives
• Ability to foster an environment of mutual support and professional excellence within the program
• Sufficient clinical competency based on the unit served (Adult unit)
• Excellent listening skills and ability to take detailed notes & attention to detail
• Ability to maintain appropriate relationships and clinically therapeutic boundaries with incarcerated individuals
• Ability to quickly understand new concepts and integrate into daily routine
• Ability to prepare succinct summary reports
• Ability to assess, evaluate and record symptoms and behavior
• Ability to plan, organize and direct the work of others
• Ability to analyze situations accurately and take effective action
• Ability to respond quickly and effectively in emergency situations
• Ability to maintain effective working relationships with custody staff, health care professionals, and others
• Principles, procedures, techniques, trends, and literature of social work with particular reference to clinical social work
• Psycho/social aspects of mental, developmental, and physical disabilities
• Scope and activities of public and private health and welfare agencies
• Characteristics of mental, developmental, and physical disabilities
• Current trends in mental health, public health, public welfare, and Federal and State programs in these fields
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious). The employee must also possess sufficient strength needed to open and close heavy doors, and the agility to evade or escape in the event they are in a dangerous situation.
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
If job posting references any sign-on bonus internal applicants and applicants employed with Telecare in the previous 12 months would not be eligible.