Description for Senor Accountant Senior Living Housing
The Senior Accountant identifies inefficiencies in business operations through the close analyze of business processes, and then makes recommendations for improvements. Prepares financial reports and ensures the safeguarding of company assets and records. Performs other responsibilities as directed by management.
- Develops financial models to assist senior management with affiliations and other matters.
- Completes debt compliance requirements for the affordable system.
- Plans, prepares, rolls-out, and administers organization-wide budget processes.
- Finalizes cost requisitions for new projects including maintaining a budget and all required reporting to relevant parties.
- Gathers and prepares information as needed by auditors for audit, cost certifications and tax returns.
- Works with auditors to ensure timely completion of audits, tax returns and cost certifications.
- Reconciles loan draws, funding payments and outstanding invoices on a monthly basis to general ledger.
- Records adjusting journal entries as required.
- Designs and maintains dashboard system of reporting against financial standards.
- Participates in monthly, quarterly, and annual preparation of financial reports.
- Establishes and maintains financial and organizational operating benchmarks.
- Designs and implements cost accounting reports by various contract types.
- Oversees preparation of financial reports for the Affordable RSC group.
Performs other related duties as required.
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles.
- Proficient in financial budgeting and analysis.
- Ability to successfully work with and coordinate the efforts of a team of people with diverse professional backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated interpersonal communications skills.
- Savvy with respect to computer technology, experience working with a variety of software applications across all segments of an organization.
- Yardi experience a plus.
- Balance communication skills, relationship-building and data-analysis talents.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office products—Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Education and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a Business Analyst in complex business environment.
- Previous experience with consolidated organizations preferred.
- Nonprofit real estate experience a plus.
- Inter-company transaction and reconciliation experience with multiple legal entities desirable.