Work Hours/Shift: Monday- Thursday 8am-5pm, Friday 8am-2pm
Locations; Orange City & Lake Mary, FL
The Medical Assistant, under general supervision of doctors and Advanced Practice Provider, provides appropriate care to patients as well as follows clients mission and core values. This includes safely and effectively greeting patients, obtaining clinical information, financial and demographic information. Responsible for assisting providers during treatment and examination and may assist with procedures and medication administration as ordered by the provider. Performs office duties as needed, which includes but is not limited to, verifying insurance, collecting copays and scheduling appointment. You may be asked to perform other duties.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensures all test results and correspondence are available in practice’s designated system for the provider’s review at the time of patient visit or as otherwise necessary.
- Screens patients for appropriate information and documents accordingly in the practice’s designated system. Accurately instructs patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Effectively explains procedures and treatments to patients and to significant others when necessary.
- Ensures consents for treatment are executed according to the client
- Prior authorization for medication/equipment.
- Medication refills.
- Schedule procedure to designated hospital (Bronchoscopy, Ebus, Navigational, Bronchoscopy, Ct Guided Biopsy, Thoracentesis and Trach change.).
- Administer medication/injection under the direction of Physician/APP.
- Perform Spirometry and 6-minute walk.
- Administer Nebulizer treatment.
- Perform Pulmonary Function Test (PFT).
- Ensures efficient office flow by preparing patient and equipment for the needed treatment and initiates testing and documents results into the practice’s designated system when appropriate.
- Responds to patient task/ requests in a timely manner and accurately document accordingly.
- Ensure UPDOX/FAXES are worked daily.
- Must be willing to float to other clients practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Chart Prep 2 week prior to patients scheduled appointment.
- Ensure all patient rooms and workstation are cleaned per CDC guidelines (COVID).
- Invite our patients to the Patient Portal
- Establishes positive, professional communication and relationships with referring practices, patients, family members and vendors.
- Clock in/out correctly, avoiding overtime.
- Display clients Mission and Core Values.
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work only. They are not an exhaustive list of all required responsibilities, duties, and skills. Other duties may be added, or this description amended at any time
- High school graduate or equivalent required.
- 1-year medical office experience preferred.
- Must be currently certified and maintain certification by one of the following:
- American Association of Medical Assistants (“AAMA”) for Certified Medical Assistants (CMA)
- American Medical Certification Association (“AMCA”) for Clinical Medical Assistant Certification (CMAC)
- American Medical Technologists (“AMT”) for Registered Medical Assistant (RMA)
- National Association for Health Professionals (“NAHP”) for Nationally Registered Certified Medical Assistant (NRCMA)
- National Center for Competency Testing (“NCCT”) for National Certified Medical Assistant (NCMA)
- National Health career Association (“NHA”) for Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Experience with computers required.
- EMR proficient.
- Bilingual Preffered
- Must be willing to float to other practices, within reason, when patient load, vacation schedules etc. make it necessary.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirement
- Current, valid CPR certification is required.
- Pulmonary Function Test Proficiency (PFT) Preferred
Pay Rate is | $16.00 to $18.00/hr DOE
- Healthcare , Dental, Vision Insurance,
- Life Insurance
- Paid Holidays
NOTE: Non-certified are welcome to apply but you must be willing to obtain certification within 90 days of employment