Outpatient Program Director Mental Health (Psychologist, LCSW, MFT, or LPCC)
FLSA Status: Employee, Exempt
Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: CEO
Amount of Travel Required: Minimal
Positions Supervised: Therapists
The Outpatient Program Director provides oversight of the clinical program and therapeutic staff for a Partial Hospitalization and Intensive Outpatient Program for adults with mental health concerns. The Outpatient Program Director conducts program and staff evaluations, provides program and staff oversight and management, directs patient care, ensures staff and program compliance with federal, state, and local laws and ethics as well as insurance requirements.
Outpatient Program Director also provides clinical services in the treatment of patients with mental health concerns, conducting individual, group, couples and family therapy, and case management as needed. This position also conducts initial assessments, biopsychosocial evaluations, treatment plans, and discharge plans and completes documentation for services rendered.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Conducts group, individual, couples, and family therapy.
- Completes initial assessments, biopsychosocial evaluations, treatment plans, therapy notes, and discharge plans within required time frames.
- Provides direct therapeutic care under the philosophy of the company, under limited supervision.
- Follows and improves clinical objectives, standards, policies and procedures.
- Initiates and leads company quality improvement activities.
- Ensures compliance with regulatory standards and community standards of care.
- Ensures coordination of services for families and multi-disciplinary team members for patients in treatment.
- Participates in interdisciplinary staff meetings with other professional staff members.
- Provides crisis-intervention as needed.
- Oversees patients’ progress in treatment and ensures level of care is appropriate based on medical necessity.
- Oversees insurance compliance (utilization review, medical necessity criteria, clinical programing requirements).
- Consults with Intake Coordinator regarding new admissions.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Ability to multi-task, manage client care, and maintain company standards.
- Desire to assist those with mental health concerns.
- Ability to manage screening, assessment, individualized treatment planning, crisis intervention, group and individual counseling, case management, referral, discharge summaries, clinical documentation, utilization reviews, and professional ethics.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with subordinate staff, supervisors, managed health care clinicians, and medical and mental health professionals.
- Ability to positively interact and develop rapport with patients and their families.
- Ability to develop systems and methodologies for continuous improvement of program and treatment modalities.
- Ability to maintain a culture of care that is conducive for maximum benefit of both patients and staff.
- Understanding of diverse cultures and gender specific issues and ability to incorporate the needs of gender and culturally diverse groups into practice setting.
- Current state license as a mental health therapist (e.g. Psychologist, LCSW, MFT, or LPCC).
- Obtain a health clearance form from a medical provider.
- Obtain a negative tuberculosis screening.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Ability to lift/carry 20 pounds.
- Ability to engage in moderate frequency of computer work.
- At least 2 years’ clinical experience, including experience in a behavioral health care setting.
- Supervisory experience of 2 years or more preferred.
- Computer literacy in electronic medical records, Microsoft Office, and email required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00 – $140,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Doctorate (Preferred)
- One location
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place