The General Manager is a polished well-spoken and well-regarded ambassador who carries a strong vision for their hotel. He or she is charged with responsibility for all aspects of operations for their assigned property; providing support supervision and guidance to their management team and front line associates. He or she will ensure that financial performance is optimized that high quality product and service levels are maintained and that the hotel. The property is located in the San Fernando Valley, area.
The General Manager will establish priorities and lead operational initiatives such as the sales plan and budget development and execution of physical property improvement projects. They will provide hands on leadership to ensure that revenue is maximized.
At least 2 years progressive experience in a hotel or a related field;
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive friendly courteous and service oriented manner.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with company standards as required by scheduling which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Comply with and ensure adherence to Hospitality’s standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Play a pivotal role in hotel sales efforts including calling on top ten accounts meeting clients hosting luncheons and receptions and meeting with on-site contacts on a daily weekly and monthly basis.
- Conduct weekly staff meetings including weekly training sessions presented by managers and self using the steps to effective training according to Hospitality’s standards and the review of previous and future sales and operations efforts.
- Meet all financial review dates and corporate directed programs in a timely fashion.
- Hold a monthly financial review with all department managers and available supervisors.
- Ensure that all department heads maintain budgeted productivity levels and .
- Ensure complete processing of invoices daily by using the A/P process.
- Ensure that all appropriate information for financial documents is received by the Corporate Office monthly in compliance with the monthly accounting calendar.
- Ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of the physical property through inspections and preventive maintenance programs with department managers.
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly courteous and efficient in their interactions with guests managers and all other employees.
- Forecast monthly the hotel’s financial position by estimating revenues and line-by-line expenses. Analyze previous and projected data to generate an accurate reforecast.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Be in the public areas during peak times greeting guests and offering assistance as needed.
- Maintain procedures for handling of the hotel safe specifically with regard to security and initiate a monthly safe audit.
- Conduct bi-monthly credit meetings and take an active role in the hotel credit and collection policies.
Complete required corporate training modules and become certified
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $0.00 per hour
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Hospitality Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented — quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented — supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented — cooperative and collaborative
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible