Director of Support Services
Basic Functions: Oversee the Support Services Department operations, growth, personnel, and budget.
- Ensure fleet and supply operations for the company are adequately conducted. Oversee department personnel and ensure basic job functions are completed.
- Provide leadership and support to the Department and NORCAL Ambulance
- Ensure Department operations stay focused and in line with the Company Ideals
- Provide fiscal accountability for fleet and supply operations
- Shape the department structure and methods to promote efficiency, best practices, and operational support
- Ensure government and safety compliance in applicable areas
- Oversee the ordering, storage, dispersal, and disposal of medical supplies and equipment
- Oversee the setup, maintenance, and continued operations of the vehicle fleet
- Oversee the controlled substance and Bio-Medical programs
- Provide support functions to Operations and other Departments
- Provide the ownership and upper management team with expert analysis, advice, and data regarding supply and fleet operations
- Other duties as assigned
- Oral & Written Communication
- Customer Service/Relations
- Self Motivated
- Computer Literacy
- Strong Work Ethic
- Attention to Detail
- How to handle sensitive documents
- vehicle mechanics and parts
- vehicle emergency equipment and use
- medical and emergency medical supplies
- inventory controls and storage
- basic budgeting and management functions
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education/Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
Language Ability: Ability to hear, read and interpret information such as patient care reports, call in requests, and written instructions such as insurance claim forms and procedure manuals. Ability to type and write routine call information and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, or employees.
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certifications/Licenses: Valid California Driver’s License or state-issued Identification Card.
Equipment: To perform this job successfully, an individual must use a variety of equipment including phones, radios, and computers with specialty software programs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be under stress to answer multiple phone lines. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands: Ability to lift and carry up to 10 pounds; sit for extended periods of time, up to 6-8 hours per day; keyboard and use a computer for extended periods of time, up to 6 hours per day; communicate in writing, by phone and in person in a businesslike, professional manner; be mobile within an office setting; assemble papers, paper punch, staple, file, photocopy; apply sufficient force to open and close file drawers. Visual acuity to perform close detail work for preparation and proofreading of business correspondence and operating a computer terminal.
Pay: 90,000 to 110,000