The Director of Nursing (DON) is the leader of the innovative nursing functions and programs which continuously strive for excellence in nursing care. Establishes and ensures implementation of evidence-based best practice nursing protocols and efficient work-flows across all clinics; Provides oversight and support to the Lead RNs to ensure that standardization is maintained across all clinics. The DON is responsible for ensuring that the Lead RNs provide standardized annual training and in-clinic leadership and support to all RNs. In collaboration with Operations Leadership, Medical Directors, and the Chief Health Services Officer works to promote high quality compassionate equitable patient care. The DON reports directly to the Chief Medical Officer and is a member of the Operations Leadership team.
Covid-19 Vaccination and Boosters Requirements: All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, including “health-care” required boosters as a condition of employment, subject to limited exemptions. New employees are required to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 and boosted before the first day of employment. If you completed your primary series, received an original booster and it has been more than 2 months from that booster dose, it is recommended, but not required that you receive the Bivalent booster.
Nursing Program Oversight and Clinical Support
- Participates in the development, maintenance, and implementation of clinical policies and procedures, including nursing policies, procedures and protocols.
- Participates in interviewing, hiring, training of RNs and LVNs in collaboration with Clinic Operations and Medical Directors.
- Supervises all Lead Registered Nurses
- Provides “360 feedback” information RN/LVN annual evaluations.
- Annual Mock Codes training in the clinics.
- Implementation and training of infectious disease protocols.
- Ensures monthly inventory of crash cart is completed at all facilities.
- In collaboration with Clinic Operations Leadership and Medical Directors coordinates and implements vaccine management programs at MCC. Assists to ensuring that vaccines are safely stored, administered, protocols are up-to-date and assist with the staff vaccine education as requested.
- Participates in internal Quality Assurance and Quality Improvement programs and understands UDS and Partnership Health Plan of California Quality Improvement Program (QIP) annual goals.
- Promotes Quality Initiatives and supports organization-wide quality programs.
Other Leadership Duties
- Provides training and education to clinical staff as needed.
- Serves as the liaison with Marin County Public Health department nursing community.
- Manages all drug/supply recalls, in consultation with CMO and Medical Directors.
- Participates in community meetings as needed
- Reviews clinical information specific to grants and assists with reporting
- Other duties as assigned.
- Valid California license as a registered nurse.
- Baccalaureate degree in nursing from an accredited college or university or equivalent additional training/experience.
- 4 years nursing experience including two years’ experience in leadership or QA/QI capacity.
- High level judgment when dealing with confidential Information in compliance with HIPPA.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with Microsoft Office to be able to conduct research and professional networking.
- Knowledge of principles, techniques, equipment and methods of nursing in an outpatient ambulatory clinic setting (FQHC experience preferred).
- Familiarity with medical office practice including knowledge of nursing protocols and guidelines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, and medications.
- Ability to review RN work performance and conformance to recognized standards.
- Ability to maintain effective equitable relationships with patients and staff.
- Experience with Relevant, Electronic Health Records (Epic preferred) and Telehealth/Video conferencing.
- Able to verbally communicate with patients and staff.
- Ability to organize information and activities to promote high quality patient care program.
- Ability to multi task and work in busy clinical environment setting.
- Able to travel to different clinics as required.
- Prolonged standing and walking
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Our benefits program is designed to protect your health, family and way of life. We offer a competitive Benefits Program that includes affordable health insurance and Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA), Dental and Vision Insurance, Educational and Continuing Education Benefits, Student Loan Repayment and Loan Forgiveness, Retirement Plan, Group Life and AD&D Insurance, Short term and Long Term Disability benefits, Professional Fee Reimbursement, Mileage and Cell Phone Reimbursement, Scrubs Reimbursement, Loupes Reimbursement, Employee Assistance Programs, Paid Holidays, Personal Days of Celebration, Paid time off, and Extended Illness Benefits.
$128,000 – $141,00 / yr