Shifts Tuesday through Saturday based on events and holidays
- Reporting to the Executive Director for coordination of all resident activities, therapeutic activities and volunteer services.
- Creates and implements programs that meet the social, spiritual, intellectual and physical needs of all residents. Programs should include resident participation, community involvement, volunteerism and variety of programming for assisted living and memory care.
- Develops innovative relationships with community resources, adult education, internship programs and volunteer sources to enhance opportunities for creative, cost-effective programming. Utilizes and trains volunteers as appropriate.
- Conducts or facilitates training programs throughout the Community to increase awareness of therapeutic activities and involve caregivers and other staff in promoting the overall integration of activities into each resident’s daily routine.
- Provides residents with activity programming that maximizes their satisfaction and well-being.
Are You Qualified?
Here’s what you need:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in therapeutic recreation; music, art, dance, drama, creative arts therapy; gerontology, social work, or other related area.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in direct provision and development of life enrichment programming for older adults and persons living with dementia, including one year of supervisory experience.
- Must possess valid California driver’s license.
- Working knowledge of Title 22, Division 6, Chapter 8.
- Must possess current First Aid Certification.
Skills and Attributes:
- Sensitivity and knowledge of working with older adults and the aging process.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to identify need, develop, and manage programs and systems simultaneously.
- Knowledge of aging process and implications of aging in a social setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, superb customer service skills and a team player.
Activities Director and Life Enrichment Assisted Living