Summary Dietary Utility Skilled Nursing – Assisted Living:
Performs duties involved with storage of food products, inventory of food and paper products and rotation. Cleaning projects and cleaning maintenance involved with kitchen, dish room and storage rooms – maintains QA standards as regulated by local Board of Health (BOH) and CA State Survey.
Essential Functions and key tasks Dietary Utility Skilled Nursing – Assisted Living:
- Cleaning of Dining Room, Kitchen Dishes and Pots/Pans
- Sanitation duties of boxes, trash, sweeping and mopping
- Maintains relationship with residents and quality satisfaction of food
- Assist with Dining Room and Kitchen production
- Assist with stocking of food, food Rotation-FIFO
- Consistently practices key sanitation procedures and policies, especially hand washing, wearing hair net, proper food storage and maintaining appropriate temperature of foods
- Cleans and sanitizes utensils and food preparation areas after use according to policy
- Practices safety, infection control and emergency procedures according to facility policies
- Is courteous, considerate and cooperative when communicating with all guests, team members, clinical support personnel, client personnel and vendors.
- Preform other work assignments as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills required to perform esssential job functions Dietary Utility Skilled Nursing – Assisted Living :
Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
Knowledge of inventory methods. Knowledge of FIFO system.
Knowledge of sanitation and safety policies, particularly in relation to food handling and storage.
Physical skills and ability to perform work that requires continual standing, walking, stooping, bending and lifting up to 60 pounds, Ability to comprehend and follow safety instructions in the use of chemicals, solvents, kitchen equipment and utensils and proper lifting techniques.
Qualifications Dietary Utility Skilled Nursing – Assisted Living
High School or GED equivalent.
Minimum of one year previous experience working in a service environment with food handling or stock activities required.
Must hold and maintain a current California Food Handlers Card.