We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable team-player to assume the role of MDS Coordinator and oversee MDS assessments to ensure that they are properly reported to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in accordance with federal law. You will maintain confidential patient data and securely submit all patient information.
MDS Coordinator – Registered Nurse RN – or Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN
Job Responsibilities As a MDS Coordinator, you will transmit health care information electronically and communicate with health care teams to coordinate patient treatment plans. You will also be in contact with patient families to discuss treatment plans and other pertinent care details.
Additional responsibilities for the MDS Coordinator include:
- Completing necessary documentation for federal records
- Checking patient charts for coding errors
- Completing nursing MDS items, RAPS, PPS and care plans
- Directing our center’s interdisciplinary RAI processes
- Following all company guidelines for completion, computer encoding and electronic state transmission of the MDS Participating in resident care plan meetings
MDS Coordinator – Registered Nurse RN – Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN
As a MDS Coordinator, you must be knowledgeable about regulations and guidelines governing long-term care. You must also have strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as strong organizational and time management skills. We are looking for someone who will have a loving attitude toward the elderly.
Additional requirements of the MDS Coordinator include:
- Registered Nurse currently licensed by the state or Licensed Vocational Nurse
- Experience in a hospital, long-term care facility or other health care related establishment;
- Long-term care experience strongly preferred Demonstrated proficiency in RAI/PPS processes Experience completing MDSs and Care Plans Experience as a MDS Coordinator preferred
- General computer literacy and experience with Windows applications
- AccuMed experience preferred
MDS Coordinator – Registered Nurse RN – Licensed Vocational Nurse LVN We look forward to hearing from you!