Our Senior Living Client is a 199 unit senior living CCRC located in the heart of Silicon Beach & opening at the end of the year.
Our Senior Living Client i is seeking talented Maintenance Technician that enjoys working in a fast pace environment. The idea candidate has superior customer services skills and the ability to multi-task with our members, family, staff, guests and vendors.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- Provide direction to the Maintenance Staff with projects, and work delegation as outlined by the Maintenance Director.
- Preform skilled tasks with a high level of quality.
- Assist with the scheduling of staff to make sure the needs of the department are obtained.
- Assist with the set up and take down of furniture for special functions.
- Monitor the work order system, perform and delegate tasks as needed to maintain work load.
- Perform skilled maintenance and repairs on electrical equipment and devices including but not limited to, switches, receptacles, light fixtures, emergency generator, Transfer Switches and Distribution Panels.
- Perform skilled maintenance and repairs on Kitchen equipment including but not limited to convection ovens, gas ranges, commercial and residential dish washers, and microwaves.
- Perform skilled tasks on HVAC equipment including but not limited to, chillers, pumps, cooling towers, VAV boxes, fan coil units, and air handlers.
- Perform Preventive Maintenance on the equipment with in the building. Maintain Preventive Maintenance schedule and logs.
- Oversee the HVAC Water Treatment. Maintain the proper chemical and TDC levels for the closed and open loops.
- Perform maintenance on Pool and Spa equipment including but not limited to Pool and Spa Heaters, Pumps, and Water Treatment.
- Work with outside contractors as needed.
- Assure that safety compliance of practices and procedures are meet with State, Local, and OSHA requirement for the Maintenance Department.
- Operate a verity of tools and equipment including but not limited to Saws, Drills, and Hand Tools safely. Maintain Tools in a safe, clean and properly working condition. Over see the organized storage and innovatory of tools.
- Assist with the testing of the Fire Life Safety System. Work with the staff and outside contractors to meet local, State, and the NFPA requirements. Maintain proper documentation of all testing.
- Experience working in and or opening a hotel or senior living community preferred.
- Maintain a high degree of composure and tact with members, guests and internal departments.
- Ability to communicate information verbally, via email and or voicemail within the organization and the community members.
- Ability to operate an Iphone/Ipad
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Ability to work weekends
- Regular work week will include one weekend day.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic First Aid and CPR certification where required.
- Good understanding of technology.
- Must have high level of customer service skills.
- Must be able to work independently, meet time lines, and take clear direction.
- Must have good time management skills.
- Must be detail oriented in quality of work, keeping of records, and time management.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in opening a senior living community, hotel, and or multifamily housing community is preferred.
- Experience in HVAC working with Chillers, Cooling Towers, and Open and Closed Loop systems.
- A four year Collage Certificate in HVAC is preferred.
- Two years experience in working as a Building Engineer in a High Rise Residential or Commercial building.
- Experience in Fire Life Safety Systems including testing requirements and procedures.
- Must be skilled in working with hand and power tools.
- Experience in working with a Siemens Building Automation System a plus.
- Have the ability to read and understand blueprints.
- Must be able to paint and achieve a high level of quality.