Licensed Vocational Nurse – LVN or Licensed Psychiatric Technician – LPT Mental Health
LVN/LPT’s Full-Time NOC Shift 11:00 PM- 7:30 A M Tuesday – Saturday.
- Graduation from an accredited Licensed Vocational Nurse (LVN) or Licensed Psychiatric Technician (LPT) program and current licensure
- Current CPR/BLS certificate
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be CPR, Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI), and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
All opportunities at at our client are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification.
Position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance, and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual, or local requirements may apply.
- Previous experience with population to be served and/or work in a similar program setting preferred
- One (1) year of experience
- Understanding of psychiatric illness and its treatment, and knowledge of psychotropic medication
- Demonstrates our Client's mission, purpose, values, and beliefs in everyday language and contact with internal and external stakeholders
- Establishes and maintains a therapeutic relationship with members served
- Provides nursing care and assists in the welcoming, admission, and discharge process
- Collects data relevant to care of members served; develops and implements nursing care plans
- Demonstrates knowledge of crisis management and intervention
- Transcribes physician orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Administers medication and treatments to members served
- Receives and presents change of shift report as assigned
- Adheres to medication management policies and procedures
- Notifies the prescriber and nursing supervisor of any changes in behavior or condition
- Documents the progress of members served toward their Recovery Plan goals
- Attends and participates in community meetings and groups
- Actively participates in multidisciplinary team meetings and treatment planning meetings
- Coordinates and participates in counting medications and giving report at the beginning and end of each shift
- Must assist with restraint of members served in the event of assaultive behavior and pass assault crisis/crisis prevention training
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, and/or changed at the discretion of management.
Position requires transporting Members in own personal vehicle and program van (acceptable driving record and vehicle inspection for safety). Position requires driving for company business such as trainings, offsite meetings, etc.
- Ability to review and implements Recovery/Treatment plans
- Ability to support medical and psycho-social care for members served
- Ability to administer oral and injectable medications
- Ability to act as a team member and provide input via reporting observations and concerns and asking appropriate questions
- Ability to review and implement recovery treatment plans for members served
- Demonstrated ability to implement physical crisis and de-escalation techniques
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit, squat, kneel, twist, push, pull and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently walk, stand, bend, reach and do simple and power grasping. The position requires manual deviation, repetition and dexterity as well as Hazardous Exposure (Blood Borne Pathogens, Hospital Waste, Chemical & Infectious).
EOE AA M/F/V/Disability
Licenses & Certifications
Licensed Psychiatric Tech
Licensed Vocational Nurse
We also need LVN/LPT’s Full-Time Noc Shift 11:00 PM- 7:30AM Tuesday – Saturday.
The LVN/LPT rate is based on years of experience:
0 – 1
1.1 – 2.0
2.1 – 3.0