Janitor Skilled Nursing – Assisted Living
Basic Purpose of Janitor Skilled Nursing – Assisted Living Position:
The purpose of the Janitor Skilled Nursing – Assisted Living is to provide cleaning services throughout the facility to ensure a clean, neat environment for residents, employees and visitors.
Employment Classification: Non-Exempt
Professional Requirements Janitor Skilled Nursing – Assisted Living
- Prior janitorial/cleaning experience preferred.
Position Requirements Janitor Skilled Nursing- Assisted Living
- Good verbal communication skills in English.
- Previous institutional cleaning experience preferred.
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with customers including residents, family members, visitors, facility employees, government agencies/personnel and the general public.
- Must possess the ability to work harmoniously with other personnel.
- Must possess a high degree of personal accountability, responsibility and the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Must commit to the Mission and Core Values of the organization.
Reports To: Environmental Services Supervisor
Duties and Responsibilities Janitor Skilled Nursing Assisted Living
- Must commit to the Mission and Core Values of the organization and promote facility in a positive manner.
- Collects and disposes of garbage bags and recycling bins from nursing units, offices and other areas.
- Cleans and removes garbage from outside smoking areas.
- Sweeps and mops hallways and areas of facility not cleaned by housekeepers
- Cleans nurses’ station, offices, break rooms and other areas not cleaned by housekeepers.
- Cleans and restocks common area restrooms not cleaned by housekeepers.
- Cleans and vacuums stairways.
- Picks up garbage in outside areas of campus such as parking lots, walkways and gardens.
- Other duties as assigned by Housekeeping Supervisor or Administrator.
Physical Demands of Janitor Skilled Nursing Assisted Living Position
The essential functions of this position require the following physical abilities:
- Standing and/or walking very frequently. Sitting occasionally.
- Using hands to finger, handle or feel very frequently.
- Reaching with hands and arms very frequently, pushing/pulling very frequently.
- Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching or crawling very frequently.
- Talking and/or hearing frequently.
- Tasting and/or smelling frequently.
- Lifting up to 50 pounds frequently.
- Lifting garbage bags overhead into large bin intermittently.
- Close, distance, color, peripheral, and depth perception in vision; ability to adjust focus.
Risks/Exposure/Limitations janitor Skilled Nursing Assisted Living
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents during emergency situations.
- May be subject to frequent interruptions.
- May be subject to call-back during emergency conditions (e.g., severe weather, evacuation, post-disaster, etc.).
- May be subject to hostile and emotionally upset residents, family members, personnel, and visitors.
- May be subject to injury from falls, burns from equipment, odors, etc., throughout the work day, as well as reactions from dust, disinfectants, tobacco smoke, and other air contaminants.
- May be subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including TB and the AIDS and Hepatitis B viruses.
Acknowledgement Janitor Skilled Nursing Assisted Living
I have read this job description and fully understand the requirements set forth therein. I hereby accept the position as defined and agree to perform the identified essential functions in accordance with the facility’s established policies and procedures.
I understand that my employment is at-will, and thereby understand that my employment may be terminated at-will either by the facility or myself and that such termination can be made with or without notice.