The Human Resources Generalist at Senior Living Client in the Walnut Creek Area will independently manage all HR aspects of the community and work directly with our employees to provide support and guidance on all HR matters. This is a fast paced position with opportunity for daily engagement with our residents, their guests and our employees. The HRG is hands-on with time and attendance auditing/payroll approval in Kronos and ADP, drafting and advising managers on Corrective Action documents, and advising employees on benefits. Additionally, the HRG manages the full cycle recruitment process including management of the ATS, scheduling interviews, employee on-boarding and employee retention and engagement efforts.
- Serves as a link between management and employees by handling questions, interpreting and administering policies and helping resolve work-related problems.
- Provides current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, opportunities for promotions and employee benefits.
- Administers compensation, benefits, performance management systems, and, safety and recreation programs.
- Maintains records and compiles statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, payroll, performance appraisals and employee benefits.
- Advises managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Manages Concierge services to ensure customer satisfaction and prompt and high quality service.
- Ensure internal customer responsiveness by assisting staff in providing and coordinating services to residents, guests and families.
- Work with Union Relations.
- Work with Department heads.
- Bachelors Degree in HR or related field of study
- Prior supervisory experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of Human Resources experience
- PC skills with knowledge of spreadsheet and word processing software
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Proficient reading, comprehension, writing, and mathematical ability
- Ability to deal with confidential information
- Initiative and problem solving skills
- Interest in working with senior population
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must successfully complete:
- TB skin test or chest x-ray
- State fingerprint and FBI background check
- Health screening for this position
- Basic First Aid training
- More than 5 years of Human Resources experience in a Generalist role
- College Degree in human resources or business related field
- Experience working with senior population
- Experience working in customer service environment
- Effective organizational and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of cultural diversity; understanding of aging population
- Friendly, creative, cheerful, and approachable
- Should have expereince working with a Union Represetative.