**UPDATED JUNE 2019**
As one of the top healthcare recruiting companies, we make sure to stay up-to-date with the current trends and facets of our growing healthcare industry. While our sector has always been stable and secure, the healthcare field is rapidly expanding and will only continue to do so.
One reason for this healthcare boom is that thousands of Americans retire every day. Aging Americans are making up an increasingly large percentage of the population, and they will likely require some form of care from healthcare professionals in their later years. That’s where we come in.
In January of this year, the U.S. News & World Report ranked the top 100 best jobs to have in 2019. While the top two were “software developer” and “statistician”, the next eleven were all in healthcare. Some reasons for this include higher salaries in healthcare professions as well as a high demand to fill the increasing roles. Many of the jobs, like nurse practitioners, physician assistants and occupational therapists, also require less schooling, time and monetary investment than it takes to become a physician.
Based on our experience as a healthcare recruiting company, here are our top 10 healthcare careers in 2019.
- PHYSICAL THERAPIST: The field of physicaltherapy is expected to grow by 30% over the next ten years. Physical therapists help people manage pain and improve mobility. The median wage is $87,930 and the field requires a doctoral or professional degree.
- DENTAL HYGENIST:Dental hygienists clean patients’ teeth and offer education and preventative care for solid dental health. Dental hygienist jobs are experiencing significant growth and are expected to continue growing over the next ten years. The average salary is $74,070 and an Associate’s degree is required.
- NURSE PRACTITIONER: Nurse practitioners organize care for patients and can provide many of the services physicians can. The median salary is $113,930 and the role requires a Master’s degree. The demand for nurse practitioners is expected to increase by 30 percent over the next ten years.
- PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT: Physician assistants (PA’s) are skilled healthcare practitioners who work closely with physicians and surgeons to examine, diagnose and treat illness. The average salary is $104,860 and a Master’s degree is required.
- AUDIOLOGIST:Audiologists examine, diagnose and treat patients for hearing, balance and ear issues. The median salary is $75,920 and the position requires a doctoral or professional degree.
- PHLEBOTOMIST: The field of phlebotomy is expected to grow by 25% in the next decade. Phlebotomists draw blood and help patients if they have an adverse reaction to the blood draw. The median wage is $34,480 and the field requires a postsecondary non-degree certification.
- DIAGNOSTIC MEDICAL SONOGRAPHER: These professionals conduct tests and handle specialized imaging equipment to help physicians diagnose patients. An Associate’s degree is required and the median wage is $67,62
- REGISTERED NURSE: Registered nurses provide and coordinate care, offer advice and lend emotional support to patients and their families. The median wage is $71,730 and a Bachelor’s degree is required.
- OCCUPATIONAL THERAPIST: Occupational therapists help patients develop and/or recover the skills required for daily living. Over the next decade, the demand for occupational therapists is projected to grow by 26%. The field requires a Master’s degree and offers a median salary of $86,200.
- RADIATION THERAPIST: Radiation therapists administer radiation treatments for patients with cancer and other illnesses. The median salary is $82,330 and an Associate’s degree is required.
At De Vore Recruiting, we specialize in offering direct hire, long-term positions. Our healthcare recruiters strive to create the perfect match between our qualified candidates and the healthcare quality jobs that suit them best.
We are much more than a healthcare recruiting company. We will support you and work tirelessly to place you in the right position, so you can really thrive in 2019. Healthcare Hiring is rapidly increasing over the years, stay updated and stay tuned.